Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - volvo forum (vote for it)
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
volvo forum (vote for it) 

Volvo sub-forum?
Yes! I am cool and secure in my manhood. 48%  48%  [ 10 ]
I am lame and scared of Swedish Iron, so NO! 19%  19%  [ 4 ]
What is a Volvo? 33%  33%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 21

volvo forum (vote for it) 
SEA Enforcer

New post volvo forum (vote for it)

1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6 (wife's)
Taking the whole-assed approach to cheap cars, since 1997.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:12 pm
Profile YIM

New post 
dude, you and mike are the only ones with volvos on here. you guys will be the only ones posting on there

Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:15 pm
Post Whore

New post 
yert315 wrote:
dude, you and mike are the only ones with volvos on here. you guys will be the only ones posting on there

That's what she said.

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
SEA Enforcer

New post 
yert315 wrote:

There are 7 Volvos on the board, that is 7 times the number there was 8 months ago....

Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:17 pm
Profile YIM

New post 
with a volvo subforum im sure you sweeds ca recruit more people. i see volvos done up all the time

Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:40 pm

New post 
go ahead also make one just for e30's :supz:

Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:43 pm
SEA Supporter

New post 
I voted no. just to piss matthew off :) kthxbi!

jake. wrote:
why do people thing that there will be less traction with stretched tires? the contact points will still be the same, its only the sidewall that gets stretched.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:17 pm
SEA Supporter

New post 
I think you Volvo guys should go out and get as many peeps as you can to join. :thumbsup:

Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:22 pm
SEA Supporter

New post 
I say make a thread if you can get at least 5 more active volvo owners to join and post.

jake. wrote:
why do people thing that there will be less traction with stretched tires? the contact points will still be the same, its only the sidewall that gets stretched.

Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:24 pm
Do Not Purchase stuff from me.

New post 
find me a cool volvo project car and pay for me to own it an I'll join :D

1986 BMW 325e *SOLD 2/17/2005*
1989 BMW 325i *Sold*

Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:15 pm
Administrator

New post 
Yea, do it up...

1979 Chevy Malibu Classic 2Dr
1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport

Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:15 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

New post 
I have posted a few times, but I'm up in the DFW area so I lurk mainly.

If you're in Texas and into volvos you need to visit the Texas Volvo site:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/VS_TX_Crew/index.php?showtop

Nick

'84 240 Diesel Wagon
'94 850 Turbo- lightly modded daily driver
'00 V70R Laser Blue- rare and the new project

Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:26 pm
Profile ICQ
Post Whore

New post 
Why don't you all just post up on here? There is more exposure and you could get more people at your meets and stuff. :thumbsup:

Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
i say own section of SEA or merged with one of the others from the main page section
i think it'd be down and then SEA would really recognize volvos the reason i brought it up is cuz i felt bad cuz y'all always post in the general car discussion and everybody except y'all and MB have their own place on SEA... hey thats a thought

maybe a section of the SEA main that was Mercedes/Volvo/Porsche??
since we don't have many of any we could squeeze them in together and that way there would be love for all??

Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:11 am
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
Ok, new member here thanks to m4ff3w. I drive an 85 Volvo 740 diesel. Couple of slight mods, biggest is that the original drivetrain has been removed and replaced with a Chevy V8 out of an 89 Camaro. Nothing too special, just a TPI 305 and a TH700 R4. It's lowered, has bilsteins and a few other mods. It needs suspension work, needs new suspension bushings and the front subframe beefed up. haven't had the money to do much with it except keep it running. I also have a 1983 Volvo 242 4 cylinder turbo with lots of mods. it's been sitting for a few years, needs a new motor. The motor in it has around 400k and is tired, got a turbo motor out of an 86 which will be going in eventually.
I vote for a Volvo subforum also.....

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:21 am
SEA Enforcer

New post 
Hey Dan, glad to see you made it!

Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:35 am
Profile YIM

New post 
yay for volvo subforum vote haha, not trying to be rude i just would like y'all to still be a part of sea but not have to post in the General Car Discussion cuz that's kinda lame

Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Post Whore

New post 
Ok, created it. Don't make me regret it. :rr:

Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
O RLY

New post 
one of my favorite cars was the 740 turbo wagon. a brick with bricks inside. Great car very euro for the mid 80's I say let this website grow to include all makes at a respectfull level. Hell, all the guys from the focus drive were great! I know there is a domestic forum but people want to have their individuality for their car. Vortex has a Bugatti forum for christ sakes..Make an Impala forum for us company car drivers. and one for Harold for slower MZ3 roadsters.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:26 pm
Profile WWW

New post 
that kind of defeats the purpose of this forum. stirctly european autosport. All the other car makes (domestic, japanese, etc) have a section called "general car talk".

Otherwise we will have many different sections with nobody posting in them.
My $.02

Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:55 pm
Post Whore

New post 
TT3.2 wrote:
one of my favorite cars was the 740 turbo wagon. a brick with bricks inside. Great car very euro for the mid 80's I say let this website grow to include all makes at a respectfull level. Hell, all the guys from the focus drive were great! I know there is a domestic forum but people want to have their individuality for their car. Vortex has a Bugatti forum for christ sakes..Make an Impala forum for us company car drivers. and one for Harold for slower MZ3 roadsters.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or serious or a mix of the two. If there was enough traffic on this site to justify all those sections then I would create it. Vortex has tons of members and tons of traffic so they can justify all those forums. However, I don't think we have enough to justify having more forums than we have. We used to have an Import car talk section but there was hardly any traffic so I bunched it together with the European car talk section.

IMO, I don't think there is enough Volvo traffic to keep that section from becoming dead. But I could be wrong with the amount of people Matthew brings in. Maybe there is a ton of Vovlo surfers that just never post because there is no Volvo section. I don't know. I am all for the site growing, but there is no need to make a huge forum with so many sections that no one even browses them.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
SooprmanX wrote:
TT3.2 wrote:

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or serious or a mix of the two. If there was enough traffic on this site to justify all those sections then I would create it. Vortex has tons of members and tons of traffic so they can justify all those forums. However, I don't think we have enough to justify having more forums than we have. We used to have an Import car talk section but there was hardly any traffic so I bunched it together with the European car talk section.

IMO, I don't think there is enough Volvo traffic to keep that section from becoming dead. But I could be wrong with the amount of people Matthew brings in. Maybe there is a ton of Vovlo surfers that just never post because there is no Volvo section. I don't know. I am all for the site growing, but there is no need to make a huge forum with so many sections that no one even browses them.

I agree with roob on the first point, the only reason i suggested a subforum for volvo is so that
A) they didn't wanna break off and create their own forum cuz we could use all the euro love possible
and
B) So we could at least test the waters, its a website not a stone block, if there isn't enough traffic we can always take it off, i just think everybody should feel respected/welcome

Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]