Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Monthly Meet Suggestions 2009
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Monthly Meet Suggestions 2009 

New post 
yert315 wrote:
I think there's a new burger joint off 1604 near i10 that might be a good spot. I have only seen it driving by. It's the place that used to have an airplane in front

whaaat where is that?

banana bike HD 883

matt

Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:08 pm
New post 
coming from the northeast side of town headed to festa texas on the right hand side of 1604

Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:26 pm
Post Whore

New post 
Guys, read rule #1. I don't want it to be a chain place. Like I explained, a local burger joint or pizza joint where we would be able to talk to the owner. Not something corporate.

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
i believe that place is local, and there's only one. I'll stop by tomorrow and take a look around

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:40 pm
Post Whore

New post 
yert315 wrote:
i believe that place is local, and there's only one. I'll stop by tomorrow and take a look around

I wasn't talking about your suggestion. I just meant a few others. Not trying to be mean, but in order for this suggestion thing to work, they have to read the guidelines I put in the first post for the meets. There is a lot that goes into putting in a successful meet that won't be stopped by some renegade manager or rent-a-cop. :thumbsup:

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
what about some down town spots like sams burger joint, or that other place i forgot whats it was called but it has some badass burgers like the "macho burger" man i forgot the name but im pretty sure some of yall might know what im talking about...

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:05 am
Profile WWW

New post 
I wonder if UTSA would mind us using there upper parking garage? That would be really cool. Its lit up and we wouldnt have to worry about ricer passer by's and what not. Its also kidna fun to go through the bottom with a nice exhaust sound. lol If anyone has connections with talking to the cops or anything, that would be cool. I know that some people were metting up before on certain nights at the utsa garage.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:00 am

New post 
SooprmanX wrote:
Guys, read rule #1. I don't want it to be a chain place. Like I explained, a local burger joint or pizza joint where we would be able to talk to the owner. Not something corporate.

my boss is down with having meetings at my place of work rome's pizza im tryin to get him to give us sea members discounts anyways. i know this stores owner and the chain owner as well a local business.

or longhorn cafe so all the rich people see the nice cars and join up

Last edited by pwforprez on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:55 am

New post 
pwforprez wrote:
my boss is down with having meetings at my place of work rome's pizza im tryin to get him to give us sea members discounts anyways. i know this stores owner and the chain owner as well a local business.

Yeah Romes is good. Which one you work at? I go to the one on DeZavala.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:25 pm
Profile YIM

New post 
i work at bandera but know the onwer of dezevala and most of the manegers there as well

Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:26 pm

New post 
SooprmanX wrote:
yert315 wrote:

I wasn't talking about your suggestion. I just meant a few others. Not trying to be mean, but in order for this suggestion thing to work, they have to read the guidelines I put in the first post for the meets. There is a lot that goes into putting in a successful meet that won't be stopped by some renegade manager or rent-a-cop. :thumbsup:

Guidelines? c'mon Rube, next thing you know we're getting registered, and tagged, then tracked throughout the city, then we're told, what to eat, what to read........this is how a Totalatarianism is started.....lol, but seriously we need to mix it up, I agree w/ you on that, maybe a GTG should sometimes be a night cruise, whats more fun than 20+ euro's cruising all to gether about the town, downtown, etc... it doesnt always have to be a park and chat or chat and eat right? The diveristy of the group and our cars is what makes us an interesting club, we need to take advantage of that,...if we don't come together now, as a team, we'll die, as individuals...lol, you get what I'm saying :thumbsup:

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:15 pm
Profile YIM
Post Whore

New post 
I never said anything about differences in our cars. This thread is about meet locations. The guidelines for the meet locations doesn't discourage differences in tastes in cars, does it? So no, I don't get what you're saying. Hahaha. :mrgreen:

And hey, what about where you work, you think that parking lot would be good? You think you could get us clearance?

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
i got the ok from my boss but now we have to get something in writing on what exactly will be going on and possible dates it would happen then we would present that to the owner. We have a nice size parking lot, he likes the idea of having us out there eating and mingling because it will make others want to come out and see whats going on. that means more exposer for the club and for the store.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:47 pm
Post Whore

New post 
I would have to go check it out and see what the parking situation would be. About how many parking spots would be open? Do you know around how many?

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
SooprmanX wrote:
I never said anything about differences in our cars. This thread is about meet locations. The guidelines for the meet locations doesn't discourage differences in tastes in cars, does it? So no, I don't get what you're saying. Hahaha. :mrgreen:

And hey, what about where you work, you think that parking lot would be good? You think you could get us clearance?

what....huh...sorry Nyquil and Redbull make me quirky, just sayin, yeah lets mix it up and i agree w/ suggestion solicitations, there is an adjacent lot to Accenture that is behind the sonic, it's ours I'll check on it

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:58 pm
Profile YIM

New post 
im not sure off the top of my head how many spaces. if you stop on by lemme know and i can introduce you to whoever you would need to know.

12411 Bandera
Helotes, TX 78023

my boss is Phil his email is Philromespizza@yahoo.com
needs to know number of people and number of events.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:08 pm
Post Whore

New post 
That location or the DeZavala location?

Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
that is for the bandera location. i can try for the dezevala one but it wouldnt get me kudos and potential to pull in more events. but it could be done.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:26 pm
Post Whore

New post 
Eh, see what you can do. We can give it a run and see how it works out.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
whats wrong with mjm ruben? are we getting kicked out :-(

banana bike HD 883

matt

Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:50 am

New post 
210_THUMPER wrote:
what about some down town spots like sams burger joint, or that other place i forgot whats it was called but it has some badass burgers like the "macho burger" man i forgot the name but im pretty sure some of yall might know what im talking about...

i know there is cheesy chanes burger joint and criss madrids

Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:31 am
Profile WWW

New post 
pizza sounds good

bandera is far from me but even further for ruben so i cant complain f**K it

Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:35 am
Profile WWW
SEA Enforcer

New post 
What about Espana @ Hausmann & University Heights? It is in an office complex and they are the only place open on the weeknds. Lots of lights and plenty of parking.

1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6 (wife's)
Taking the whole-assed approach to cheap cars, since 1997.

Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:59 am
Profile YIM

New post 
is that place good i always drive by it but never stopped

Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:21 pm
SEA Enforcer

New post 
pwforprez wrote:
is that place good i always drive by it but never stopped

Killer Sangria, the best Calamari I've ever had, just over all a great place.

It is expensive for a couple of people (Topas is kinda like Dim Sum except not from China and not for breakfast) but awesome for a group.

1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6 (wife's)
Taking the whole-assed approach to cheap cars, since 1997.

Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:25 pm
Profile YIM

New post 
I'm poor

Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:40 pm

New post 
hmm calamari is hella good.

Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:46 pm

New post 
pwforprez wrote:
hmm calamari is hella good.

x2

Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:04 pm
Profile YIM
Post Whore

New post 
candywhitevdub wrote:
whats wrong with mjm ruben? are we getting kicked out :-(

No. We might even stay there. Just putting other options on the table to see.

Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
personally, I love MJM as a meeting ground. It's not close to the street for ricers to drop in, and Cha Cho's isn't too far away. I like Cha Cho's

Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:39 pm
Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next