Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/strictly/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 991: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3778: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Strictly European Autosport - View topic - Monthly Meet Suggestions 2009
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Monthly Meet Suggestions 2009 
Post Whore

New post Monthly Meet Suggestions 2009
Well the new year is quickly approaching and it is coming time to think of maybe changing up where we meet for 2009. I love MJM Autohaus and they have been great to us but it's always good to be open to new suggestions. So here is some criteria for the monthly meet locations....

1. Cannot be any shopping center/strip!!!
2. I would really like it to be a food place that is locally owned.
3. I would like to have it either on a Friday night or Saturday night after 7:00 or so.
4. Relatively centrally located.
5. Not in a place where ricers could catch wind of us being there.
6. Good size parking lot.

I especially would like consideration for number two. Reason being that it could be a good relationship. They give us places to park and we give them business. By a food place though, it would be good to have it be a place where we can go in, grab something to eat, and bring it outside to eat along with the cars. Also, in places like this, we can talk to the owner and get permission without having to worry about different managers and new managers giving us grief about being there.

So, if any of you all know of a place, know of someone who owns a place, or whatever, post it up. It doesn't even have to be a food place, it could be somewhere close to a McDonald's or whatever. I would just like to have access to food somewhere close. :thumbsup:

Keep up with important information.....Click here....

Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
lol man i like the name drop. u gettin paid for advertising for them??lol jk

Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
Post Whore

New post 
210_THUMPER wrote:

MJM or McDonald's? Haha.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
well i dont know much about "theeddie" other than he owns a club, and/or might have connections to other places that could be cool too. I dont mean to volunteer him for it though if he isnt ok with it lol

The Reflective Touch
Affordable Automotive Detailing Service!

Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:06 pm

New post 
he owns a bar if I'm not mistaken. I don't think it would be such a "family oriented" place if you catch my drift

Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:39 pm
Administrator

New post 
210_THUMPER wrote:

MJM is one of our main sponsors homie.

Correct, Eddie owns Retox Bar. The parking lot isn't all that big either. We could look into it, but I don't think the layout or the area would be good for the meet. Though, it is quite central. Off 281 nearish to 410. If he doesn't see this post, I'll ask him, if you all want? I've already suggested this once before, and everyone seemed to shoot it down. Having an auto meet at a Bar doesn't seem to make sense.

RetoxBar
1031 Patricia @ West Ave.
San Antonio, TX

1979 Chevy Malibu Classic 2Dr
1984 VW Rabbit GTI
1984 VW Rabbit Cabby
1985 Porsche 944 N/A
1987 Dodge Caravan
1988 VW Scirocco 16V
1989 Honda Accord 4Dr
1994 VW Jetta 2.slow
2004 Mercedes-Benz ML500
2006 Mercedes-Benz C230 Sport

Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:03 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

New post 
yea it doesnt really make sense as far as a family oriented place i guess, but have we had many children go to the meets? we should get like freebirds or dave and busters, they have meets there for the g35,350z crowd im pretty sure

The Reflective Touch

Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:11 pm
SEA Enforcer

New post 
07MKVGLI wrote:
yea it doesnt really make sense as far as a family oriented place i guess, but have we had many children go to the meets? we should get like freebirds or dave and busters, they have meets there for the g35,350z crowd im pretty sure

My son comes with me every time. I've only seen kids a couple of other times.

But, we do have more than a few members that are not 21.

1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6 (wife's)
Taking the whole-assed approach to cheap cars, since 1997.

Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:29 pm
Profile YIM

New post 
If only we could get some concrete or asphalt thrown down over at Berts shop seeing as people probably wouldnt want to park in gravel. I could even pour some concrete for a burnout box. lol. Maybe mid 2009 or 2010 his place will be available.

Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:41 pm
Post Whore

New post 
BMWjiggaB wrote:
If only we could get some concrete or asphalt thrown down over at Berts shop seeing as people probably wouldnt want to park in gravel. I could even pour some concrete for a burnout box. lol. Maybe mid 2009 or 2010 his place will be available.

And if they transplant it somewhere closer on this side of the world. Haha.

Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
Quote:
My son comes with me every time. I've only seen kids a couple of other times.

But, we do have more than a few members that are not 21.

ah i wasnt aware of that, alas i am also 19

The Reflective Touch

Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:45 pm

New post 
SooprmanX wrote:
BMWjiggaB wrote:

I think that it should travel back and forth from one side of town to the other. Give everyone an equal opportunity! :mrgreen:

Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:57 pm

New post 
BMWjiggaB wrote:
SooprmanX wrote:
BMWjiggaB wrote:

I think that it should travel back and forth from one side of town to the other. Give everyone an equal opportunity! :mrgreen:

isnt BMW the ultimate driving machine? so drive it to a meet. i havent seen you for like a year and a half

banana bike HD 883

matt

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:51 am
Post Whore

New post 
He's talking about the shop. Haha.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:15 am
Profile YIM WWW

New post 
candywhitevdub wrote:
BMWjiggaB wrote:
SooprmanX wrote:
BMWjiggaB wrote:

isnt BMW the ultimate driving machine? so drive it to a meet. i havent seen you for like a year and a half

Ya man, ive been busy working 3 jobs and 18hrs at school. I was doing 12hrs for summer classes. When i work on the weekends, its usually at night because im one of the main closing managers.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:58 am
SEA Supporter

New post 
I can think of a few spots all pizza places though. Also that mexican place on Austin hwy had welcomed us.

I think somewhere centrally located though would be best. Maybe the quarry or there abouts.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:45 am

New post 
SooprmanX wrote:
BMWjiggaB wrote:

easy, we don't even meet centrally now imo

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 am
Profile YIM

New post 
BMWjiggaB wrote:
SooprmanX wrote:
BMWjiggaB wrote:

:thumbsup:

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:44 am
Profile YIM

New post 
yea i think that would be a good idea on different sides of town each month.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:28 pm
Profile WWW

New post 
BMWjiggaB wrote:

I don't think Ruben's Scion can make it clear across town
:finga:

Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:47 pm

New post 
How about someplace in San Mucus? I like driving to SA like yall like driving up here. :mrgreen:

Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:53 pm

New post 
what about at the regal theatre cielo vista? if we could time it right, theres a lot right by the door sorta that i always thought would be prefect for the whole crew to park at, then we could see some sort of moving picture or somethang

Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:05 pm
Profile YIM
BM Double Jew

New post 
Longhorn Cafe?

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:11 pm
New post 
Hooters?

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:18 pm

New post 
yert315 wrote:
BMWjiggaB wrote:

dude he drives that thing SOOO MUCH and he beats the **** out of it

banana bike HD 883

matt

Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:38 pm

New post 
candywhitevdub wrote:
yert315 wrote:
BMWjiggaB wrote:

dude he drives that thing SOOO MUCH and he beats the **** out of it

specially with that baallllerrr new exhaust on it
mayne :finga:

Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Sponsor

New post 
Red Robin Yummm!

lol in all seriousness if we picked an off time (in between lunch and dinner) we could probably get a big enough table.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:55 pm

New post 
a local burger joint

hey has anyone thought about putting together a softball team or doing something like that

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:37 pm
Profile WWW

New post 
there was one a while ago, but not too many people played IIRC.

I think there's a new burger joint off 1604 near i10 that might be a good spot. I have only seen it driving by. It's the place that used to have an airplane in front

Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:40 pm
New post 
n00bert wrote:
Red Robin Yummm!

(in between lunch and dinner) we could probably get a big enough table.

or bun n barrel

Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:04 pm
Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next